This lastes erection of the BAAL ARCH seems to have slipped past relatively unnoticed and without much fanfare. This should immediately raise suspicion, if you know much about the Elite. They do not like publicity. COVERT is a word that was made for them.
As you review my research in this article, pay close attention to the highlights. I realize that most people do not perceive things the way that I do, so I hope to add notes as time allows. Meanwhile, stimulate your mind and activate you perceptions skills and pray for spiritual insight. There is a lot of significance to this particular location that can be seen fairly quickly.
I venture to say that this is the MOST Significant location so far!! I believe they are declaring who reigns and will reign in the NEW WORLD ORDER and that they are confident in their victory. You will also see some symbolism that has been sprinkled about for years, and find some solid clues as to their origin and true meaning.
The Arch of Triumph of Palmyra was unveiled on December 16th at Luxembourg. It remained on this site until February 29th, 2020. It was displayed there for 76 days. I just learned of this latest erection of this ungodly Temple gate. They seem to be working very hard to keep the details secret. Let’s see what we can uncover.
Institute for Digital Technology
Architecture: Digital Archeology
A / D / O by MINI, Monday March 23rd 2020
This is where an unlikely savior enters the story. Before the insurgency of ISIS in Syria, the Institute of Digital Archeology (IDA) was a reasonably obscure academic endeavor founded in Oxford to help archive Anglo-Saxon manuscripts. “It turns out that creating digital imagery of papyri was the gateway drug to a more omnivorous study of ancient objects and eventually architecture,” explained Roger Michel, founder and executive director of the IDA. “What we managed to do early on was bring a lot of technology that was only used in labs, either because it needed a special environment or specialist knowledge, and we took it into the field.”
Science is obsessed with taking the world backward! Doing all they can to kill the Creator and restore Paganism. They cannot be satiated, as science pushes the limits in space, in physics at CERN, in medicine, in archeology, in the military, etc, etc, etc… they just can’t resist their strong desire to push us to the edge and beyond. NO LIMIT TO THEIR MADNESS!
Luxemburg feiert ein Jahr lang sein Weltkulturerbe
The Essential, December 16th 2019
Seit dem Jahr 1994 stehen die Festung und die Altstadt Luxemburgs auf der List of Unesco-Weltkulturerbes. 25 Jahre später stehen die Sehenswürdigkeiten im Fokus der Festlichkeiten, die bis zum 17. Dezember 2020 andauern werden. Auf dem Programm: geführte Radtouren, digitale Projekte in sozialen Netzwerken und zahlreiche Shows.
The fortress and the old town of Luxembourg have been on the List of Unesco World Heritage Sites since 1994. 25 years later, the sights are the focus of the festivities, which will continue until December 17, 2020. On the program: guided bike tours, digital projects in social networks and numerous shows.
The Palmyra arch visible in Luxembourg
The Daily, December 17th 2019
As unexpected as it may seem, Luxembourg and Palmyra have one major point in common: they are both listed as World Heritage by Unesco. It is not surprising then that the City begins the festivities on Monday around the “25 years Lëtzebuerg World Heritage” with a tribute to the ancient city of Syria martyred by Daesh.
Monday, the Minister of Culture, Sam Tanson, the mayor of the City of Luxembourg, Lydie Polfer, and the president of the Luxembourg Commission for cooperation with Unesco, Simone Beck, presented the program of festivities around the “25 ans Lëtzebuerg World Heritage ”(program to find here ) Translated via Google Translate
“Neimënster Abbey, an historic landmark in central Luxembourg, has a rich and complex history. The earliest records of a church on the site date back to 983 BCE. By the beginning of the 16th century, the area around the Abbey had become a thriving artisanal district. In the mid-16th century, however, fire destroyed the old Abbey. Construction on the current Abbey structure began in 1606. It remained a holy site until 1796, after which the building served variously as a garrison and a prison. In 1984, the site was redeveloped as a cultural and intellectual center, the purpose it serves today.” (via Neimënster.lu) Source: Hiddeninthecraig.com
Launch of the festivities of “25 years Lëtzebuerg World Heritage” and unveiling of the replica of the Palmyra arch
On December 17, 1994, the “old districts and fortifications” of the City of Luxembourg were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Today, our site is one of 1,121 World Heritage properties worldwide. Celebrate with us the 25 th anniversary of inscription on the World Heritage Register! Discover our Agenda with all of our events.
Call for projects
In the logic of a participative strategy, the Luxembourg Commission for cooperation with UNESCO, the Ministry of Culture and the City of Luxembourg are launching this call for projects with a view to their labeling and their announcement in the official program of the jubilee year. Your enthusiasm, your creativity and your passion for cultural heritage guarantee a successful program.
- Municipalities, non-profit associations, foundations of public interest, groups, collectives, companies, groups that work to raise awareness of cultural heritage, respectively for humanitarian values and UNESCO scientific programs;
- Individuals / individuals;
- Educational institutions ;
- Private or public cultural institutions such as museums, libraries, archives, etc;
- Legal persons under private law;
- Commercial companies and tourism players.
For more information visit Submit a project.
The Convention concerning the protection of the world cultural and natural heritage was adopted by the General Conference of UNESCO on November 16, 1972. It underlines the membership of an international community which appreciates and safeguards the properties of universal importance embodying a world exceptional examples of the diversity of culture and the richness of nature.
A year of celebration
December 17, 2019 – December 17, 2020
The Luxembourg Commission for Cooperation with UNESCO, the Ministry of Culture and the City of Luxembourg regard the 25th anniversary of the inscription of “Luxembourg, old districts and fortifications” as an occasion to recall the vision that guides the whole action by UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization: building lasting peace among all men. This can only be based on respect for human rights and dignity, on the intellectual and moral solidarity of humanity, respect and enhancement of the cultural, natural and intangible heritage.
The outstanding universal value of Luxembourg
As UNESCO World Heritage, “Luxembourg, its old quarters and fortifications” is a site that is important for all of humanity, but what makes it so special? Notable elements of the site include:
- The narrow, labyrinthine streets and buildings of Luxembourg, which vividly illustrate the life of a historic fortress city;
- The fortress itself which was one of the strongest in the world, so much so that Luxembourg is often called Gibraltar of the North;
- The truly European history of Luxembourg at the crossroads of different cultures: the city has hosted over the centuries Burgundians, Spaniards, Austrians and Prussians;
- The stratigraphy of the city, which shows the different archaeological layers of Luxembourg, from the 200 million year old rocks to the garrison city of the 19th century;
- The particular topography of Luxembourg and its exceptional natural environment with the forest that extends into the space of the old town.
Five themes have been defined in order to guide project leaders in the development of their projects and in order to structure the programming for the 25 th anniversary of the inscription of “Luxembourg, old districts and fortifications” in the World Heritage Register of the UNESCO.
A wide variety of projects
All forms of projects (conferences, rallies, workshops, guided tours, circuits, exhibitions, performing arts, enhancement products for the classified site, tourist offers, gastronomic products, studies, publications, digital applications, open data projects, etc. ) who testify to a sustainable investment in continuity can seek the label.
The projects proposed must above all have a direct link with UNESCO, respectively the inscription of the site of “Luxembourg, old districts and fortifications” as world heritage.
Each project submitted must also fall under at least one of the themes of this jubilee year:
- UNESCO World Heritage & Education;
- UNESCO World Heritage and artistic expression / diversity of cultural expressions;
- UNESCO World Heritage & Sustainable Development;
- World Heritage & New Technologies;
- World Heritage & Intangible Heritage.
Government of Luxembourg, December 12th 2019
On December 16, 2019, the Minister of Culture, Sam Tanson, the mayor of the City of Luxembourg, Lydie Polfer, and the president of the Luxembourg Commission for cooperation with UNESCO, Simone Beck, presented the program of festivities around “25 years Lëtzebuerg World Heritage”. On this occasion, they were able to unveil, in the presence of Roger Michel, director of the Institute for Digital Archeology in Oxford and Françoise Poos, president of neimënster, a 3D replica of the Palmyra arch destroyed in 2015 by l Daesh terrorist organization. https://gouvernement.lu
Assyrian lion destroyed by Isis rises again through latest tech
The Times, Saturday July 6th 2019
A stone beast that once guarded a goddess of love and beauty until it was smashed to pieces by Islamic State has been reconstructed through technology and put on display in London.
The Lion of Mosul was recreated in meticulous detail by computer scientists in Britain, drawing data from dozens of amateur photos of the sculpture as it was in the Mosul Museum in Iraq before its ransacking in 2015.
Luxembourg – Wikipeida
This article is about the country. For the city, see Luxembourg City. For other uses, see Luxembourg (disambiguation).
- Groussherzogtum Lëtzebuerg
- Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
- Großherzogtum Luxemburg
|FLag||Coat of Arms|
“Mir wëlle bleiwe wat mir sinn“ (Luxembourgish)
“Nous voulons rester ce que nous sommes“ (French)
“Wir wollen bleiben, was wir sind“ (German)
“We want to remain what we are”
Anthem: “Ons Heemecht”
Location of Luxembourg (dark green)– in Europe (green & dark grey)
– in the European Union (green)
and largest city
49°48′52″N 06°07′54″ECoordinates: 49°48′52″N 06°07′54″E
|Religion||Many religions are supported by the State|
|Government||Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
• Prime Minister (list)
|Legislature||Chamber of Deputies|
• from the French Empire and elevation to Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
|15 March 1815|
• Independence in personal Union with the Netherlands (Treaty of London)
|19 April 1839|
• Reaffirmation of Independence Treaty of London
|11 May 1867|
• End of personal union with the Kingdom of the Netherlands
|23 November 1890|
• from the German Reich
|1944 / 1945|
|24 October 1945|
|1 January 1958|
|2,586.4 km2 (998.6 sq mi) (167th)|
• Water (%)
• January 2019 estimate
• 2001 census
|233.7/km2 (605.3/sq mi) (58th)|
|GDP (PPP)||2019 estimate|
|$66.848 billion (99th)|
• Per capita
|GDP (nominal)||2019 estimate|
|$69.453 billion (69th)|
• Per capita
|Gini (2018)|| 33.2
medium · 19th
|HDI (2018)|| 0.909
very high · 21st
|Currency||Euro (€)b (EUR)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
• Summer (DST)
|Note: Although Luxembourg is located in Western European Time/UTC (Z) zone, since 1 June 1904, LMT (UTC+0:24:36) was abandoned and Central European Time/UTC+1 was adopted as standard time, with a +0:35:24 offset (+1:35:24 during DST) from Luxembourg City’s LMT.|
|ISO 3166 code||LU|
Luxembourg (/ˈlʌksəmbɜːrɡ/ (listen) LUK-səm-burg; Luxembourgish: Lëtzebuerg [ˈlətsəbuə̯ɕ] (listen); French: Luxembourg; German: Luxemburg), officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg,[c] is a landlocked country in western Europe. It is bordered by Belgium to the west and north, Germany to the east, and France to the south. Its capital, Luxembourg City, is one of the four official capitals of the European Union (together with Brussels, Frankfurt, and Strasbourg) and the seat of the European Court of Justice, the highest judicial authority in the EU. Its culture, people, and languages are highly intertwined with its neighbours, making it essentially a mixture of French and German cultures, as evident by the nation’s three official languages: French, German, and the national language of Luxembourgish. The repeated invasions by Germany, especially in World War II, resulted in the country’s strong will for mediation between France and Germany and, among other things, led to the foundation of the European Union.
With an area of 2,586 square kilometres (998 sq mi), it is one of the smallest sovereign states in Europe. In 2019, Luxembourg had a population of 613,894, which makes it one of the least-populous countries in Europe, but by far the one with the highest population growth rate. Foreigners account for nearly half of Luxembourg’s population. As a representative democracy with a constitutional monarch, it is headed by Grand Duke Henri and is the world’s only remaining sovereign grand duchy. Luxembourg is a developed country, with an advanced economy and one of the world’s highest GDP (PPP) per capita. The City of Luxembourg with its old quarters and fortifications was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994 due to the exceptional preservation of the vast fortifications and the old city.
The history of Luxembourg is considered to begin in 963, when count Siegfried acquired a rocky promontory and its Roman-era fortifications known as Lucilinburhuc, “little castle”, (they can claim anything they like, but universally Luci is the root for Lucifer) and the surrounding area from the Imperial Abbey of St. Maximin in nearby Trier. Siegfried’s descendants increased their territory through marriage, war and vassal relations. At the end of the 13th century, the counts of Luxembourg reigned over a considerable territory. In 1308, Henry VII, Count of Luxembourg became King of the Germans and later Holy Roman Emperor. The House of Luxembourg produced four emperors during the High Middle Ages. In 1354, Charles IV elevated the county to the Duchy of Luxembourg. The duchy eventually became part of the Burgundian Circle and then one of the Seventeen Provinces of the Habsburg Netherlands. Over the centuries, the City and Fortress of Luxembourg, of great strategic importance situated between the Kingdom of France and the Habsburg territories, was gradually built up to be one of the most reputed fortifications in Europe. After belonging to both the France of Louis XIV and the Austria of Maria Theresa, Luxembourg became part of the First French Republic and Empire under Napoleon.
The present-day state of Luxembourg first emerged at the Congress of Vienna in 1815. The Grand Duchy, with its powerful fortress, became an independent state under the personal possession of William I of the Netherlands with a Prussian garrison to guard the city against another invasion from France. In 1839, following the turmoil of the Belgian Revolution, the purely French-speaking part of Luxembourg was ceded to Belgium and the Luxembourgish-speaking part (except the Arelerland, the area around Arlon) became what is the present state of Luxembourg.
Luxembourg is a founding member of the European Union, OECD, United Nations, NATO, and Benelux. The city of Luxembourg, which is the country’s capital and largest city, is the seat of several institutions and agencies of the EU. Luxembourg served on the United Nations Security Council for the years 2013 and 2014, which was a first in the country’s history. As of 2020, Luxembourg citizens had visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 172 countries and territories, ranking the Luxembourgish passport second in the world, tied with Germany, Finland and Spain.
In 1951, Luxembourg became one of the six founding countries of the European Coal and Steel Community, which in 1957 would become the European Economic Community and in 1993 the European Union. In 1999 Luxembourg joined the Eurozone. In 2005, a referendum on the EU treaty establishing a constitution for Europe was held.
The steel industry exploiting the Red Lands‘ rich iron-ore grounds in the beginning of the 20th century drove the country’s industrialisation. After the decline of the steel industry in the 1970s, the country focused on establishing itself as a global financial centre and developed into the banking hub it is reputed for. Since the beginning of the 21st century, its governments have focused on developing the country into a knowledge economy, with the founding of the University of Luxembourg and a national space programme, projecting the first involvement in a robotic lunar expedition by 2020.
Luxembourg has long been a prominent supporter of European political and economic integration. In efforts foreshadowing European integration, Luxembourg and Belgium in 1921 formed the Belgium–Luxembourg Economic Union (BLEU) to create a regime of inter-exchangeable currency and a common customs. Luxembourg is a member of the Benelux Economic Union and was one of the founding members of the European Economic Community (now the European Union). It also participates in the Schengen Group (named after the Luxembourg village of Schengen where the agreements were signed), whose goal is the free movement of citizens among member states. At the same time, the majority of Luxembourgers have consistently believed that European unity makes sense only in the context of a dynamic transatlantic relationship, and thus have traditionally pursued a pro-NATO, pro-US foreign policy.
Luxembourg is the site of the European Court of Justice, the European Court of Auditors, the Statistical Office of the European Communities (“Eurostat“) and other vital EU organs. The Secretariat of the European Parliament is located in Luxembourg, but the Parliament usually meets in Brussels and sometimes in Strasbourg.
D’Kasär um Härebierg
|An anere Sproochen||fr: Herrenberg
|Buergermeeschter||Claude Haagen (LSAP)|
|Koordinaten||49° 52’ 33’’ N
06° 10’ 09’’ O
Den Härebierg ass e Lieu-dit an der Gemeng Dikrech.
En ass nom Flouer mam selwechten Numm genannt, enger Knupp nordëstlech vun der Uertschaft Dikrech.
Den Härebierg ass bekannt – a steet dacks als Synonym – fir d’Kasär Grand-Duc Jean, an där zanter 1955 d’Lëtzebuerger Arméi ënnerbruecht ass.
Um Plateau vum Härebierg, deen an der Moyenne eng Héicht vun 370 Meter huet, gëtt et dräi Spëtze mat enger Héicht vun 386, 387 an 394 Meter beim Waasserbaseng. Den nordwestlechen Ausleefer, mat enger Héicht vun 379 Meter, ass de Botterweck.
Op den Härebierg kënnt ee vum ënneschten Deel vum Bamerdall aus iwwer d’N7B, iwwer e Feldwee dee vun där Strooss fortgeet an nërdlech duerch d’Mäertesdellt laanscht de Botterweck eropféiert, an e Feldwee deen um Fridhaff fortgeet.
Vun Dikrech aus féiert e schmuele Wee, den Neelcheswee, dee vun der N17 fortgeet op d’Kopp.
Bis an d’19. Joerhonnert gouf et an de géien Häng vum Härebierg Wéngerten. Déi goufe mat Iesele bewirtschaft. D’Symbolfigur, den “Dikrecher Iesel“, soll dovun ofgeleet sinn.
The cashier at the cottage
|In other languages||fr : Herrenberg
de : Herrenberg
|Canton||Theft (I can’t figure out what the reference to Theft is about)|
|Mayor||Claude Haagen (LSAP)|
|Coordinates||49 ° 52 ’33’ ‘N
06 ° 10’ 09 ” O
The manor is a living ditch in the municipality of Diekirch . the same name, a junction northeast of the village of Diekirch.
Ditch = Lieu-dit
Lieu-dit is the name of a specific place and a community  . Such names may come from a flurry name , or if no buildings are to be found today, e.g. For example, a farm or mill that used to exist on the site or in a former village , such as one nearby village ; B. shrubbery , rustling , or any other geographical name such as B. Tosseberg or from a brook like Keiwelbaum
Flurry = flare name
The flare name , is a toponym . It denotes a surviving name of a goddess, a soup, a cup, or, as the name suggests, of a flag.
Named after the flurry of(The flare name , is a toponym. It denotes a surviving name of a goddess, a soup, a cup, or, as the name suggests, of a flag.)
The High Court is known – and is often synonymous – with the barracks Grand-Duke Jean , who since 1955 has been housed the Luxembourg army .
On the plateau of the Manor, which has an average height of 370 meters, there are three (3) tips with a height of 386, 387 and 394 meters at the water base. The northwest outcrop, with an elevation of 379 meters, is the buttercream .
On the Manor, one of the lower part of the Bamerdall extends beyond the N7B , over a field path tha t proceeds from that road and ascends north through the market valley along the Botterweck , and a field path that passes through the cemetery .
From Diekirch, a narrow road leads off, the Neelcheswee , which leaves the N17 towards the head.
Until the nineteenth century , it was located in the steep slopes of the vineyards . They were made with ice . The symbol figure, the ” thick-ass, ” should be derived from it.
Dikrecher Iesel = The thicker ass
The ass is the symbol figure of Diekirch . However, there was a time when that connection was considered insulting. In the meantime, the Germans are well aware that the large animal is a bit stubborn, but especially labor-intensive, humble and comfortable. Now the thieves see the connection first as the honor to which they want to hold.
The local caretaker is keeping a donkey family near the Sauerstad. It occurs regularly at theft festivals. The two icebergs in the pedestrian zone are popular photographic designs. Otherwise, many events will be under the sign of the donkey.
The origins of Diekirch as a city of Istanbul are varied: The theses, they came here, because the thefts in the mid-19th century had been against the project of a railway center, meanwhile have been letters and reports from the local council. refuted. More noteworthy is the version that the donkeys were used for growing in the steep slopes of the mountain . Therefore, by the end of the 18th century, there were an extraordinary number of donkeys. Finally, there are also reports of a Pallemite donkey in the Old Church on which a Christ figure sat. Pall Sunday that was conducted by theft. The practice was followed by a visit from inspectors from the Bishopric of Trierforbidden because they wanted to prevent the mockery of the neighboring communities, so it means.
A more speculative and humorous hypothesis  would probably have something to do with the old church, in the sense that perhaps already from the Middle Ages even in Diekirch, such as in Alsace, Burgundy and in various cities and towns Germany, Italy, Switzerland, etc., a “fête de l’âne” was held in and around the old church. At the aforementioned places abroad a cast of disguised “ghosts” was then drawn to the church, at the top a donkey with a woman and child on its back, the mass was read from behind, the little clergyman playing bishop . Unfortunately, no direct evidence for that hypothesis has been found, but it would be worthwhile to investigate the matter. 
THE MYSTERY OF THE DIEKIRCH DONKEYS
As you can see, the donkey statue seems to pooping coins that the boy is catching in his hat! I thought it was very weird, and wondered what the fountain signified. The only sign on the fountain said something about the “Ducat Donkey” but that was it. Later that evening when I had wifi I googled the Ducat Donkey on my phone to find…nothing. Nada. Zilch. Well, there are other photos, clearly naming it as the Ducat Donkey. But I can’t find any information about WHY it’s there and what the significance of a donkey pooping coins is! The only thing I have been able to find is information about one of the Brothers Grimm fairy-tales, “Table-Be-Set, Gold-Donkey and Cudgel-out-of-the-Sack”. The story has a magic donkey called Bricklebrit in it, which ‘spews forth gold pieces for you from back and front’ if you put it on a cloth and said his name. The wikipedia page for the article even has a photo of this fountain in Diekirch on it, although I’m not convinced that the story lead to the statue on the fountin. The donkey in the story apparently spewed gold from both his butt and mouth, but the donkey on the fountain is clearly only emptying gold from one orifice! So, the mystery remains unsolved, and if anyone knows the true story of the Ducat Donkey fountain then I would be very interested to hear it! You can read the full fairy tale here if you are interested, and decide for yourself if the fountain is meant to be Bricklebrit.
The Symbolism of the Donkey
In the Bible the Donkey represents the Authority of God and “the authority of God’s word”. Earthly aspects of the Donkey represent versatility, intelligence, an eager worker, determination, stubbornness, spiritual dedication, undying faith in the creative force, willingness to take onboard the responsibilities and burdens of others (beast of burden).
Donkeys were first domesticated approximately 4,500 years ago, they were regarded to be a status symbol for their owners. They are versatile, eager workers with a kind nature and gentle intelligence donkeys and can live for 40 years or more. The donkey is an indefatigable worker and personifies the qualities of determination and service to others. Donkeys are willing to take on the responsibilities and burdens of others.
Not being fond of change, donkeys can be seen as stubborn. If anything seems dangerous to them – they absolutely won’t do it. This isn’t because they are stubborn, but because they trust, respect and listen to their own intuitive senses. They know their boundaries, what they can and cannot do.
The donkey evolved in the desert, in the irregular, testing lands of their origin they learned to proceed with caution. A frightened donkey can stop dead in its tracks without moving a muscle or run a short distance, before even looking back at what frightened them. They developed devious and cunning survival skills for getting themselves out of many sticky situations.
Donkeys have big, funnel like ears that can pick up sound a long way off. Prophets in the bible always rode on donkeys. Jesus rode on a donkey. The donkey represents Prophecy, based on the Word of GOD. Source
THE DONKEY, OUR MASCOT
Sweet little donkey …
“A humourless town would be a heartless town. But Diekirch has both humour and wit.The authorities have installed a “Fontaine des ânes”, as the donkey is the town mascot and it presides over the annual pageant. So what might once have been an insult is now almost to be gloried in. Why is this? One of the best things about the people is that they do not take themselves too seriously. They like to laugh at other people and they are willing to be laughed at. They even encourage it. (…)
Diekirch, the town of the donkey. This is said to have happened in two ways. Diekirch was the projected centre of the Luxembourg-Troisvierges railway, but the bourgeois of the period, avant-garde ecologists that they were, apparently objected because the smoke from the locomotives and the noise of the trains would have polluted the atmosphere and disturbed their peace and quit and, as the story goes, the authorities in the capital said that those donkeys in Diekirch did not recognize a sign of the times. This story may well be apocryphal, but the following one is more plausible. Once upon a time, the peasants of Diekirch were forced to use donkeys to till, sow and work the fields and vineyards on the slopes of the Herrenberg, as this was the only animal that could cope with the terrain. Donkeys no longer work on the Herrenberg, but the Diekirch donkey, thank goodness, is still braying today ..
Foreign relations of Luxembourg
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg has long been a prominent supporter of European political and economic integration. In 1921, Luxembourg and Belgium formed the Belgium-Luxembourg Economic Union (BLEU) to create an inter-exchangeable currency and a common customs regime. Post-war, Luxembourg became a founding member state of the United Nations, and dropped its policy of neutraility to become a founding member state of NATO. Luxembourg expanded its support for European integration, becoming a founding member state of the Benelux Economic Union (today’s Benelux Union), and one of the “inner six” founding member states of the three European Communities; the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC), the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom), and the European Economic Community (EEC). Subsequently, Luxembourg became a founding member state of the European Union (EU) when the EEC and ECSC were incorporated into it in 1993. Luxembourg is a founding member of the Schengen Area, abolishing internal borders amongst its member states, named after the Luxembourg village where the original agreement — since incorporated into EU law — was signed in 1985. At the same time, the majority of Luxembourgers have consistently believed that European unity makes sense only in the context of a dynamic transatlantic relationship, and thus have traditionally pursued a pro-NATO, pro-US foreign policy.
Luxembourg is the site of the European Court of Justice, the European Investment Bank, the European Court of Auditors, the secretariat of the European Parliament, the Statistical Office of the European Commission (Eurostat), and other EU bodies
- Organization of the North Atlantic Treaty (NATO)
- Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE)
- Western European Union (WEU) , until its abolition in 2011
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- European Union
Luxembourg | European Union – Europa EU
Mar 25, 2020 … How Luxembourg is represented in the different EU institutions, how much money it gives and receives, and trade figures.
- Capital: Luxembourg
- Official EU language(s): French, German
- EU member country: since 1 January 1958
- Currency: euro. Euro area member since 1 January 1999
- Schengen: Schengen area member since 26 March 1995
- Figures: Geographical size – population – gross domestic product (GDP) per capita in PPS
Trade and economy
The most important sectors of Luxembourg’s economy in 2018 were the financial and insurance activities (26.5%), wholesale and retail trade, transport, accommodation and food services (18%) and public administration, defence, education, human health and social work activities (16.7%).
Intra-EU trade accounts for 84% of Luxembourg’s exports (Germany 27%, Belgium 15% and France 14%), while outside the EU 3% go to the United States and 2% to China.
In terms of imports, 88% come from EU Member States (Belgium 35%, Germany 26% and France 11%), while outside the EU 4% come from the United States and 2% from both China and Japan.
Luxembourg in the EU
There are 6 members of the European Parliament from Luxembourg. Find out who these MEPs are.
European Parliament office in Luxembourg
Council of the EU
In the Council of the EU, national ministers meet regularly to adopt EU laws and coordinate policies. Council meetings are regularly attended by representatives from the Luxembourg government, depending on the policy area being addressed.
Presidency of the Council of the EU
The Council of the EU doesn’t have a permanent, single-person president (like e.g. the Commission or Parliament). Instead, its work is led by the country holding the Council presidency, which rotates every 6 months.
During these 6 months, ministers from that country’s government chair and help determine the agenda of Council meetings in each policy area, and facilitate dialogue with the other EU institutions.
Dates of Luxembourg presidencies:
Jan-Jun 1960 | Jan-Jun 1963 | Jan-Jun 1966 | Jan-Jun 1969 | Jan-Jun 1972 | Jan-Jun 1976 | Jul-Dec 1980 | Jul-Dec 1985 | Jan-Jun 1991 | Jul-Dec 1997 | Jan-Jun 2005 | Jul-Dec 2015
The Commissioner nominated by Luxembourg to the European Commission is Nicolas Schmit, who is responsible for Jobs and Social Rights.
The Commission is represented in each EU country by a local office, called a “representation”.
Commission representation in Luxembourg Search for available translations of the preceding link
European Economic & Social Committee
Luxembourg has 5 representatives on the European Economic and Social Committee. This advisory body – representing employers, workers and other interest groups – is consulted on proposed laws, to get a better idea of the possible changes to work and social situations in member countries.
European Committee of the Regions
Luxembourg has 5 representatives on the European Committee of the Regions, the EU’s assembly of regional and local representatives. This advisory body is consulted on proposed laws, to ensure these laws take account of the perspective from each region of the EU.
Permanent representation to the EU
Luxembourg also communicates with the EU institutions through its permanent representation in Brussels. As Luxembourg’s “embassy to the EU”, its main task is to ensure that the country’s interests and policies are pursued as effectively as possible in the EU.
Coordinates: 49°36′34″N 06°07′44″E
The Monument of Remembrance (French: Monument du souvenir), usually known by the nickname of the Gëlle Fra (Luxembourgish for ‘Golden Lady’), is a war memorial in Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg. It is dedicated to the thousands of Luxembourgers who volunteered for service in the armed forces of the Allied Powers during both World Wars and the Korean War.
The Gëlle Fra is situated in Constitution Square, in the Ville Haute quarter of central Luxembourg City.
The centrepiece of the monument is a 21-metre-tall granite obelisk. Atop of the obelisk stands a gilded bronze statue representing Nike, goddess of victory, or “Queen of Freedom” (Friddenskinnigin in Luxembourgish), holding out a laurel wreath as if placing it upon the head of the nation. At the foot of the obelisk are two (ungilded) bronze figures, representing those Luxembourgish soldiers that volunteered to serve for France; one lies at the base of the statue, having died in service of his country, whilst the other sits, mourning his dead compatriot.
The sculptor of the three bronze figures was Claus Cito, a native Luxembourger. The model for the Gëlle Fra is unknown. The monument was inaugurated in 1923.
|Gëlle Fra (Gilded Lady)
Golden Lady as in victory…winning the gold
|Lady Rosa (Lady of the Rose)
Is that the Rosicrucian Rose?
The inscriptions at the base of the monument include one in French, over the name of Foch, Marshal of France, Commander-in-Chief of Allied Forces, that honours the Luxembourgeois soldiers who took part in the 1914-18 war, on the battlefields of the Marne, the Aisne and the Somme, and in Artois, Champagne and at Verdun.
First World War
During the First World War, Luxembourg pledged itself to neutrality, but was occupied by Germany, which justified its actions by citing military necessity. However, most Luxembourgers did not believe Germany‘s good intentions, fearing that Germany would annex their country in the event of a German victory; these claims were substantiated by Bethmann Hollweg‘s Septemberprogramm.
Although Luxembourgers left under German occupation at home could do little to aid the Allies, those overseas, outside Germany’s control, could volunteer to serve against Germany. In total, 3,700 Luxembourgian nationals served in the French army, of whom, 2,000 died. As Luxembourg’s pre-war population was only 266,000, this death toll amounted to more than 1% of the entire national population, which is a relatively greater percentage than many combatant nations (see: World War I casualties).
The monument aroused public controversy at the time it was proposed and installed. Opposition had come from the conservative Catholic majority of citizens, and at the inauguration ceremony Grand Duchess Charlotte and the Bishop of Luxembourg were absent.
World War II and after
When Luxembourg was occupied by Nazi forces in World War II, the Germans dismantled the memorial on 21 October 1940. Several portions of the memorial were rescued, and after the war, the monument was partially restored. The Gëlle Fra herself however remained unaccounted for until January 1980 when she was found hidden beneath the main stand of the national football stadium. Later additions were made to honor Luxembourger forces who had served in World War II and the Korean War.
The monument was not fully reconstructed and restored to its original design until 1984 and then finally unveiled to the public in the presence of Grand Duke Jean on 23 June 1985, Luxembourg’s national holiday.
The statue of the gilded lady was removed from the obelisk and exhibited at the entrance of the Luxembourg pavilion of the Expo 2010 world exhibition in Shanghai.
“Gëlle Fra 2”
In 2001, a controversial version of the monument, showing the statue as visibly pregnant and with a different inscription, was created by Sanja Iveković and erected nearby. Named as “Lady Rosa of Luxembourg”, it is now in Luxembourg’s Museum of Modern Art. (That is very interesting. Is this to bring it into alignment with the Earth Mother/Virgin Mary image being promoted across the Earth. Much like the Amazon Synod?)
It is possible that the “Lady Rosa of Luxemburg” is dedicated to this Rosa Luxemburg: MIA: Marxist Writer: Rosa Luxemburg
Switch to navigation Switchto search
the town hall of Diekirch
|In other languages||fr : Diekirch
de : Diekirch
|Mayor||Claude Haagen (LSAP)|
|Residents||6,988 (January 1, 2019)|
|Flat||1,241,9905 ha |
|Coordinates||49 ° 52 ’05’ ‘N
06 ° 09’ 24 ” O
Commune Diekirch (orange)
in Canton of Diekirch (red)
Area 12.42 km2
Mayor Claude Haagen
Diekirch (Luxembourgish: ; from Diet-Kirch, i.e. “peoples church”) is a commune with city status in north-eastern Luxembourg, capital city of the canton Diekirch and the district of Diekirch. The city is situated on the banks of the Sauer river. The name comes from DIDOEKIRCH (Didos Temple). This is a Dido of the Germanic pantheon of Gods, not the Greek or Roman. Originally, there was a Germanic/Celtic temple here. The area is full of Germanic/Celtic remains and place names.
Map of Diekirch
The citys heraldic shield, showing a crowned lion on a castle, was granted in 1988. It is based on the citys 14th century seal and arms.
As of 2001, the town of Diekirch, which lies in the south of the commune, has a population of 6,068.
Diekirch was the first city in Luxembourg to have a pedestrian zone, in 1977.
There is a brewery with the same name. There are 3 secondary schools in Diekirch: Lycée classique de Diekirch, Lycée technique hotelier Alexis Heck and Nordstadlycée.
The town is home to the National Museum of Military History, reflecting Diekirchs pivotal role in the Battle of the Bulge, a major battle of World War II. It was here that the river Sauer was crossed on the night of January 18, 1945, by the US 5th Infantry division.
The town is the site of one of the six regional headquarters of the Grand Ducal Police.
The town has an annual cross country running competition — the Eurocross — which is an IAAF permit meeting and attracts world-class runners, with Gabriela Szabo and Irina Mikitenko among its past winners.
The town received its name, according to old sources, when Charlemagne in the late 8th century resettled Saxons, in order to bring them under his control. One of the centre of these settlements was in the area of Diekirch. In order to convert the pagan Saxons to Christianity, a church was built, which gave the settlement its name: “Diet-Kirch” (“peoples church”). In Old Franconian, thiuda (Old High German: “diot” – the people). Þeud? is a reconstructed word from Germanic, which plays a role in the etymology of the term “Deutsch”. In the course of extensive excavation in the 1960s, it was shown that the St. Laurence church is a Roman building. (ROMAN CATHOLICS ALWAYS built their Churches/Cathedrals over ANCIENT PAGAN TEMPLES) In the early 20th century, wall ruins and mosaics were being found north of the town centre. Archaeological investigations in 1992-1993, 1999 and 2008 enabled the reconstruction of a large Roman villa, which extended over all the land of the medieval townand was abandoned in the early 5th century.
Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe
Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) is the headquarters of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s Allied Command Operations (ACO). SHAPE is located at Casteau, north of the Belgian city of Mons.
The commander of ACO and SHAPE is Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR), a U.S. four-star general officer or flag officer who also serves as Commander, U.S. European Command.
Wait! Is that the Masonic :Compass and Square” Smack dab in the middle of all those FLAGS!! Wait! I thought the whole idea they are promoting its NO FLAGS! NO NATIONS! Just ONE UNITED WORLD! SO why to the people who are pushing this agenda are FLAGS, bloodlines, Coats of Honor, SECRET SOCIETIES, PRIVATE CLUBS, ELITISM and INDEPENDENCE so important?? They relish their freedom and demand their right to exercise it while they expect you to give yours up!
Note that the emblem in the center of their Crest not only appears to be the Square and Compass of the Masons, but also the VECTOR which is on EVERY SINGLE SPACE FORCE IN THE WORLD!spacer
ALLIED POWERS EUROPE
Mons | Belgium
OPERATIONS & ACTIVITIES
VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF LIBERTY
Vigilia Pretium Libertatis
Allied Command Operations (ACO) will be a top-quality command responsible for the planning and execution of combined, joint, effects-based operations.
To prepare for, plan and conduct military operations in order to meet Alliance political objectives.
ACO COMMAND STRUCTURE
Well looky there… JFC Joint Force Command – Check out their Crest! Seen that TRIDENT before?? Only on everything lately.
SUPREME ALLIED COMMANDER EUROPE
General Tod D. Wolters
NATO’s speed and posture continues on a positive trajectory,
and Allied Command Operations will work to sustain our focused approach
to relationships, readiness, transparency and alignment. Vigilance endures.
The Supreme Allied Commander Europe is one of the two strategic commanders for NATO and the commanding officer of Allied Command Operations (ACO). The current SACEUR is General Tod D. Wolters. He took over this post on May 3rd, 2019.
He is responsible to NATO’s Military Committee, the highest military authority in NATO, for the overall direction and conduct of military operations for NATO.
SACEUR, a United States Flag or General officer, leads all NATO military operations and is dual-hatted as Commander US European Command.
His command is exercised from the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) at Casteau, Mons, Belgium.
Joint Force Command Norfolk
|Joint Force Command Norfolk|
|Allegiance||North Atlantic Treaty Organization|
|Part of||Allied Command Operations|
|Headquarters||Norfolk, Virginia, United States|
|Vice Admiral Andrew L. Lewis, USN|
|Deputy Commander||Rear Admiral Andrew Betton, Royal Navy|
Joint Force Command – Norfolk (JFC-NF) is a joint operational level command part of the NATO Military Command Structure under Allied Command Operations. Its headquarters is located in Norfolk, Virginia, in the United States.
In late 2017-early 2018, NATO approved two new commands, a rear area transit command which was finally announced as the Joint Support and Enabling Command, to be located at Ulm, Germany, and a new command for the Atlantic. Pentagon spokesman Johnny Michael remarked that “NATO is refocusing on the Atlantic in recognition of the great power competition prompted by a resurgent Russia.”
In March 2018 Chair of the Military Committee General Petr Pavel announced that the new Atlantic command would become part of the NATO Force Structure at the level of a Joint Force Command, similar to the two that exist at Brunssum and Naples. On 7 June 2018 the Secretary-General said the new JFC would have its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia, in the United States. The name was confirmed as Joint Force Command Norfolk at the NATO Summit in July. It was to be commanded by the Vice Admiral who leads the U.S. national United States Second Fleet.
Joint Force Command Norfolk was established due to the rising Russian threat, making the Atlantic sea routes a critical domain. Its counterpart 2nd Fleet was established because the United States Navy “needed a commander to direct sustained combat operations in the Atlantic”. JFCNF will aim to works seamlessly with allies and NATO partners in all domains and to provide awareness and synchronization with allies, while ensuring readiness and contributing to NATO objectives and core tasks. In this role, the command will contribute to enhance NATO’s warfighting capability. JFC Norfolk was formally activated by NATO’s North Atlantic Council on 26 July 2019.
The first JFCNF commander is Vice Admiral Andrew L. Lewis, USN who also commands the recently re-established United States Second Fleet also headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia. The Deputy Commander is from the Royal Navy, the Chief of Staff position will alternative between a between a German and a Spanish officer, the operations officer is Norwegian, the plans officer is French and the support officer is Danish.
MAKE NO MISTAKE FOLKS! THIS IS THE END OF THE UNITED STATES. OUR MILITARY IS NOW ANSWERABLE TO THE ELITE, ROYALTY OF BELGIUM!!
Royal Marriage – October 19, 2012
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Stéphanie dated for about two years prior to their engagement. The betrothal was announced on 26 April 2012. Distant cousins, they share multiple descents from the Austrian fieldmarshal Charles Marie Raymond, Duke of Arenberg. Their families are connected in several other ways: Stephanie’s father, Count Philippe de Lannoy was a first cousin of Antoine, 13th Prince de Ligne, who married Princess Alix of Luxembourg — Guillaume’s grand-aunt — their son Prince Antoine Lamoral married Countess “Minthia” de Lannoy, Stephanie´s second cousin once removed. Count Philippe was also a first cousin of Princess Yolande de Ligne, who married Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria, and their child, Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (Stephanie’s second cousin) married Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg, Guillaume’s aunt. (Keeping it in the family!)
Countess Stéphanie and the Hereditary Grand Duke married in a civil ceremony at the Town Hall, on 19 October 2012. Their religious wedding took place on 20 October 2012 at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Luxembourg. The bride wore a dress designed by Elie Saab and the Lannoy family tiara. The bridal attendants were the bridegroom’s sister Alexandra and nephew Gabriel, and the bride’s nieces and nephew: Antonia and Madeleine Hamilton, Caroline and Louise de Lannoy, and Isaure and Lancelot de le Court.
On 6 December 2019 it was announced by the Marshall of the Court that the Hereditary Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duchess are expecting their first child due in May 2020.